Canada is a beautiful country with lot of job opportunities. It has a growing economy that is quite promising for individuals who are passionate about their career. The high standard of living has attracted migrants from all around the world to this beautiful country. Strict law and order of the country makes it citizen quite safe and comfortable. No wonder people from across the globe are vying to live and earn in this land of opportunities. The Government of Canada has started many immigration programs for the convenience of such people.
The Government of Canada has Express Entry program to attract skilled labours from different countries. Skilled labours can apply in any one of the three programs that fall under the Express Entry Program. These are:
- Federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canadian Experience class
Each and every Province or Territory of Canada have their own specific need according to which they have local labour need. The eligible applicants from Express Entry pool can also get invitation from these provinces or territories of the country.
The first for the immigration process isto prepare your profile that has all the relevant information about you which the Government of Canada needs.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) uses the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to evaluate the points scored by each applicant.
Mandatory fields of the point calculator
Immigration to Canada points calculator has the following fields for which the allocated points are awarded.
- How old are you?
- Highest level of your completed education
- Degree, diploma or certificate from any Canadian University
- English proficiency (read, speak, listen, write)
- Frenchproficiency (read, speak, listen, write)
Skilled Work Experience
- Number of years of full time (30 hours per week or equivalent part-time). Skilled work experience that you have obtained outside of Canada with in the last 10 years.
- Number of years of full time (30 hours per week or equivalent part-time). Continuous Skilled work experience that you have obtained inside of Canada with in the last 10 years.
- Your marital status
- Siblings, who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is 18 years of age or older.
- Your work experience as a skilled trades person on a full time or an equivalent part time for at least two years from past five years.
- Whether you have trades Certificate or Qualifications issued by Canadian Province or Territory.
- Whether you have applied for or received a Nomination Certificate from a Canadian Province or Territory.
- Skilled job offer from a Canadian employer
- Your country of residence
- Your name, email and phone number
The IRCC calculates your overall points from the information that you have provided in your profile. Point calculator for Canada is used to get the total number of points. Based on your ranking from the pool of applicants, invitation to apply will be sent to you. But you can stay in the pool for up to 12 months.